Devi Brown (formerly Devi Dev) is a communicator on a mission to connect people with the worlds inside, and outside, of themselves. She has spent more than a decade hosting radio and television shows from coast-to-coast. Today, through radio, TV and podcasting, as well as workshops, speaking and her company, Karma Bliss, Devi is connecting hungry, young people with spiritualism that’s relevant and beneficial to their lives.
Devi most recently held the position of Music Director and #1 rated host for iHeartMedia’s, 93.7 The Beat, while also hosting entertainment segments for CBS television affiliate, KHOU11. Devi’s career has taken her to NYC, where she hosted MTV’s talk show, Hip Hop POV, and helped launch SiriusXM’s "Sway in the Morning" show, as co-host alongside hip hop and cultural legend, Sway Calloway. Before that, Devi was a host on the RadioOne station, 97.9 The Box, where her viral interview with Kanye West landed her on Good Morning America and The Today Show. Though her career has taken her across the country, Devi’s heart will always be in her hometown of Los Angeles, California where she started her career at 93.5 KDAY, rising in the ranks from enthusiastic intern to Music Director and On-air personality.
From the start, Devi had an ear for unique talent and deeper meanings. With a mixture of gut instinct, genuine curiosity, integrity and gratitude, Devi brought her listeners exciting new artists alongside insightful interviews with some of the biggest names in music. Over years of conversations with greats like Kendrick Lamar, Quincy Jones, Nicki Minaj, Common, and Kanye West, Devi strengthened two beliefs that drive her career today – that greatness comes from a fearless expression of the self and that she wanted to help people connect with that inner-self.
Off the air, Devi is the founder of Karma Bliss -a company dedicated to self- discovery-, Author of bestselling book Crystal Bliss, as well as a Deepak Chopra certified instructor of Primordial Sound Meditation.
When not working, Devi gets to hang with her 4 favorite guys – her multi-talented husband, Duane Brown, her newborn son Quest, and her energetic doggies, Legend and Ali. Duane is an award winning NFL offensive lineman for the Seattle Seahawks, and the doggies are the reigning tug-o-war champions of the Brown’s backyard.
• MTV 's Hip Hop POV - Lead Host • CBS affiliate KHOU 11 On My Radar - Host •CBS affiliate KHOU 11- Featured entertainment correspondent • CBS - Red Carpet corespondent for Grammy Awards • TLC Say Yes To The Dress - Featured • HBO Hardknocks docu series - Featured• MTV2 Uncommon Sense - Featured • MTV2 Yo! MTV Raps - Featured personality • MTV2 Sucker Free - Featured personality • MTV Rap Fix- Featured personality • ABC 13 - Featured • Good Morning America - Interview credited and featured • CNN - Interview credited and featured • The Insider - Interview credited and featured
• The Source Magazine - Named to Power 30 list- 2014 , 2015, 2016 •VOGUE Magazine - Kendrick Lamar profile source 2015 • The New York Times - Kendrick Lamar profile source 2014 • s2s Magazine - Featured • Hip Hop Weekly - Featured • Ozone Magazine - Featured •VIBE Magazine - Featured •L.A Weekly Magazine - source • Black Bride & Groom Magazine - Spread • 002 Magazine - Featured •The Houston Chronicle - Profile & Source •Pynk Magazine - Spread •SHAPE Magazine •LA Weekly Magazine
• 93.5 KDAY- Los Angeles : Radio Personality & Music Director • 97.9 The Box- Houston : Radio Personality) • Shade 45- New York : Morning Show Co-Host• MTV's syndicated radio countdown- New York : Featured host• 93.7 The Beat- Houston : Radio Personality & Music Director
• SXSW (2012, 2015, 2016) •UCLA • Prairie View A&M University • BET Youth Experience •Nexus Global Youth Summit • The Root "Young, Fab & Female •Amigas 4 My Soul • Rice University Eagle U Program •Black Business Expo •KIPP • xoNextChapter •We All Grow Summit •Goop Summit
• Interviews, content and commentary featured on leading websites: CNN , Billboard, The Cut, ELLE UK, Rap Radar, VOGUE, All Hip Hop, Complex, Elite Daily, The Coveteur, Bossip, xo Necole, Hip Hop Wired, TMZ, MTV, The Cut, Latina, Yoga Journal + more • Travel columnist for HelloBeautiful.com (2012, 2013)