Schoolboy Q stopped by my table at BET Radio room, promo-ing his new album Blank Face LP.
It was so good to catch up! We touched on the album (which is incredible) and ended up connecting about so much more. He addressed the place he’s in with his life and how he’s come further than he even imagined...now taking pleasure in the simple things like owning a home, having good credit, and having a license.
I told Q, having known him in all stages of his career so far, the artist that sat across from me in this moment had so much light and knowledge and peace radiating out of him that I was almost blinded by the glow.
According to Q, one of the biggest things that lead to this change of self was realizing that now is the time to help others.
“I’m at the point now, like i said, I just want to help my friends that I grew up with that come from my block. i just want to help them get to where they are. Because they should feel this same joy. Because we come from the same place. We come from the same struggle. ” said Schoolboy.
Watch the full interview to hear how it all went down as well as:
- Why he doesn’t involve money in his friendships.
- What makes him feel blessed and grateful right now in his life.
- Why gang banging gets people no where.
- How he’s sharing this newfound self-awareness and realness on his upcoming album
- How he handles fake people that call him out.